Monday, February 2, 2009

Big Kids Class-Nursery 2 at Growing Up Gifted


2 January 2009

I was so proud of HRH on her first day in Nursery 2 class at GUG. She has been attending GUG since 20 months old. For about a year plus, I was attending classes with her as well. It was only in Nursery 1 last year that parents were not required to be in class with the children. Initially, she did not cry and I was so relieved on the first day. However, on the second day, she cried when the other children started crying for their parents. But I know my baby will adapt quickly to her teachers and after 4 days of crying, she became one of the most well liked student in her class.

Anyway, this year, she is in Nursery 2. Told her that she is in the big kids class now. The first time I see her in her uniform (GUG uniform- t-shirt in 3 colours- green,red and orange), I was actually fighting back my tears. Then I realised, she is no longer a baby. She is a BIG GIRL now. On her first day, she made me proud when she just gave me a hug and said "bye mum" and went right into her class talking to her new teachers and friends. A few of her classmates were clinging on to their parents and crying, refusing to enter the class. I am so proud of you little one.