Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mummy little helper

7 Feb 2009

It was a busy week with last minute orders for party bags and diaper cakes. Chloe is a great help these days. She loves pasting the sticker labels onto boxes/cups/bags and putting the individual items into the bags. We just love working together. What touched me most was when she comes up to me and volunteer to help. Our conversation will be

Chloe: Mummy, I help you.
Mummy: Chloe, I can do it myself. Thank you sweetie.
Chloe: But I want to help. Not fair. (walk away sulking with arms on her hip)
Mummy: Ok, you help me paste the stickers.

After pasting the stickers.....

Mummy: Ok, I'll take out the blowouts and you will put one into each cup.One each.
Chloe: Ooh... what is this? Little Einstein! My favourite. Is this extra?
Mummy: Sweetie, if there is any extra, I will give it to you. Quick, put them into the cups!

After finishing putting everything into the bags.

Chloe: Mummy, no extras!
Mummy: There are extras in the box. I'll give it to you later ok. So proud of you for helping me. So sweet.
And she will give me that sweet "so proud of myself" smile.